So here’s a cool thing: Every night at Godspell, following the show, there’s a raffle where you can win a backstage tour. We wanted to know what it was like, and we wanted to share with you, because maybe you can’t get to NYC to see Godspell, or maybe you just have crappy luck.
So the cast of the show — namely, Nick Blaemire and George Salazar — were kind enough to take us around backstage and show us some stuff.
- Nick was totally right in the middle of his dinner when we arrived. It was soup from Cosi, not like we noticed. Then he ate Skittles. Then he joked about doing the tour shirtless. We would have been fine with that, but it never happened.
- Clearly understanding how our minds work, George offered us candy. Here’s mine. It’s a salted caramel.
- Before the tour, The Mick told Nick that she hadn’t seen the show yet, and for a second, he believed her. It was a sweet moment.
- It was Uzo Aduba’s birthday. (Happy belated!) We saw the cake and heard the cast sing to her. Magical moments.
- We caught a glimpse of “tramp call,” the preshow rehearsal where the cast tests out the onstage trampolines. But really, we just like saying the words, “tramp call.”
- We had a little run-in with Hunter Parrish. Namely, we woke him up from his nap. Worth mentioning: The Mick was so startled by this whole incident that she nearly dropped the camera.
- You can kind of hear us giggling in parts. Sorry. We’ll work on that next time.