- Gavin Creel’s EP Quiet enters the Billboard Heatseeker chart at #44. And several thousand theater nerds immediately tried to think of a way that this might give them cred. Including us. As we squinted through our tears of joy and whatnot.
- Hair and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson end their runs. Leaving at least two dozen fangirls wondering what they’re going to do with the rest of the summer.
- James Earl Jones and Vanessa Redgrave get themselves cast in Driving Miss Daisy. We tried to care and failed.
- Jay A. Johnson is cast in a new musical at Barrington Stage, while the as-yet uncast Jeff Buckley musical, Last Goodbye, will be performing at the Williamstown Theater Festival. A road trip to the middle of the woods never seemed quite so appealing.
- With Al Pacino in The Merchant of Venice, Shakespeare in the Park tickets are scarce, unless you like sleeping on the sidewalk. Alas, summer has arrived.
Weekend Agenda: Summer in the City Edition
Previous post: Al Pacino, You Just Got Pwned by a Girl