Oh haaaay, cute Jonathan Groff, it’s your birthday!
Jonathan Groffinator turns 27 today, and we’d like to personally thank him for several things.
1. Thanks for single-handedly transforming the character of Melchior Gabor from a rape-y brute into an angel-eyed hero.
2. Thanks for giving us hope that Lea Michele has some intrinsic humanity and genuine inner coolness because she’s friends with you.
3. Thanks for wearing your glasses sometimes. Little kids who wear glasses really appreciate that.
4. Thanks for all your raised-on-a-goat-farm/pseudo-Mennonite idiosyncrasy.
5. Thanks for singing Whitesnake in your solo show that one time. It made us feel like we were doing awesome, mind-altering drugs, only we didn’t feel like crap the next morning.
6. That’s for being in The Bacchae, which only ran for eight performances and we saw five of them. Because you SPARKLED!
7. Thanks for staying cute. You know, like this: